This is a CarPlay Smart Box suitable for EVO head unit.
It is currently compatible with the following models:
And for other BMW EVO head unit models, please contact us.
The detailed steps are as follows:
1. Take out the dashboard and air conditioning panel.
2. Remove out BMW EVO head unit.
3. Remove out optic fiber cable from the original 48PIN harness.
4. Then insert it in the CarPlay kit’s harness the same position.
5. Convert 48PIN harness with original Head Unit power cable and then connect to the CarPlay box.
6. Take out display carefully, then plug out LVDS cable (6PIN).
7. Connect LVDS out cable with the display.
8. LVDS_IN connects with the original LVDS cable.
9. USB cable.
10. WiFi antenna.
11. AUX-USB adapter connects to armrest box USB port.
12. AUX cable another side connect to AUDIO-OUT from CarPlay power cable.
13. Aftermarket rearview camera connection.
14. Connect the microphone and install it at a good position.
15. Then assemble back display and EVO Head Unit.
16. Connect cables well with the box, and locate at a good position.
17. Then assemble back all control panels, job is done.