UPGRADE FIRMWARE OFFLINE-for SMART-BOX Standard Firmware Upgrade by USB Flash Drive
If the device cannot be connected or recognized, you can use the USB Flash drive to upgrade the firmware. Of course, to avoid malfunctions, if you can upgrade online，and you'd better do that. Otherwise, the equipment is likely to become useless. This upgrade method is different from the past, you need to pay 100 % attention to following our upgrade steps, otherwise the dongle will be dead.
(Very Important note: Do not attempt to connect the adapter to your computer's or laptop's USB port. These ports are made to transfer data and will just interrupt the update process and break the device.)
Preparation materials: the SMART-BOX Standard, power adapter, USB flash drive.
Steps of how to upgrade the firmware by USB flash drive:
1. Prepare a USB flash drive, format it to FAT32/Allocation unit size 1024bit or default.
2. Download and save SMART-BOX Standard Update.img file on USB flash drive Root directory. (Make sure to rename the file to SMART-BOX Standard Update)
3. Connect the SMART-BOX Standard to a USB wall power outlet/charger. Wait for the solid Red light. Please don’t use the USB port of the car or computer!!
4. Insert the USB flash drive into the SMART-BOX Standard and wait at lest 4 minutes while the device being updated (You will see alternative red light and green light on the device and finally it stays red.)
5. Delete all Wi-Fi and Bluetooth from Phone and Car (then make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on in the phone, but keep "not conneted".)
6. Please unplug SMART-BOX Standard from the USB wall power outlet/charger and remove the USB flash drive from the SMART-BOX Standard.
7. Plug the SMART-BOX Standard into the USB port of the car once the head unit is fully booted.
8. Please wait until the new window appears on the vehicle's screen.
9. Connect your phone to the Bluetooth which is shown on the screen.
10. Wait for the new interface to appear on the screen.
After a successful upgrade, you can return to the car for testing. Good luck!
Some setting options have been added to this 2020.11.10.2137 version of the web page, as described below:
Synchronization Mode (normal, compatible):
The default is normal, which is used to solve the problem of out-of-sync information displayed on the dashboard.
Compatibility: Solve the problem that some cars cannot connect to the SMART-BOX Standard.
Media sound quality (CD, DVD):
Default DVD, which has better sound quality.
CD, to solve the problem of noise in certain cars.
Media delay (300~2000 milliseconds):
The default is 1,000. The greater the delay, the less likely to be stuck, and the shorter the delay, the more synchronized music and images will be. This delay setting is related to the network environment in the car and can be adjusted according to the actual situation.
Reset to roll back to 2020.08.04.1604 version.